These rules are designed for your comfort and safety. Please follow the rules.
1. Obey the Lifeguard
2. Children 12 and under wishing to enter the Activity Pool and or Lap Lanes must pass our deep water test.
3. Children 6 and under must stay within arm’s reach of an adult at all times, regardless of a child’s swimming ability.
4. Children 2 and under must wear swim diapers.
5. No running on the pool deck.
6. No personal belongings may be stored on interior walkways.
7. Head first entries are allowed in diving area only.
8. No prolonged underwater breath holding.
9. Lap lanes are for lap swimming only.
10. No glass on premises.
11. No alcohol on premises.
12. No food permitted in the pools.
13. No smoking/vaping of any kind on premises.
14. Swim suits must be worn at all times. Lingerie, cut offs, jean shorts, athletic shorts, sports bras, etc. are not permitted. A t-shirt may be worn over a bathing suit.
15. Patrons having infectious or communicable diseases, which can be transmitted by water, are excluded from public pools. Patrons with open cuts, wounds, or blisters are warned of infection and advised not to use the pool.
16. Children 6 and under may be in the locker room of the opposite sex only when under the direct supervision of a parent or responsible adult—and then only for the minimal time necessary. Under all circumstances, parents must be aware of the need to protect the privacy of others.
17. Hold on to your receipt.
DEEP WATER TEST
• All children ages 12 and under wishing to enter the activity pool or lap lanes MUST pass the Ouray Hot Springs Pool deep water swim test. Depending on the swimming ability of other individuals older than 12 years of age, they may also be asked to take our deep water swim test.
• Children must complete two lengths in the lap lane area (50 yards). One length on their stomach (freestyle stroke) and one length on their back (backstroke). If rest is needed, the only option is to tread water. Standing on the bottom of the pool or holding onto the lane line is not permitted.
• Children that pass the swim test will be given a wrist band, permitting them to use the entire pool, along with the name of the lifeguard that performed the test. Children returning to the pool at a later date do not have to re-take the test as long as they can remember the name of the guard that initially passed them.
1. Read and obey all posted signs.
2. Obey all instructions given by the attendants and operators.
3. Must be 48” (1.22m) tall to ride the slides.
4. Riders must wait for the attendants start signal before going down the slide.
5. Only one rider to enter the flume at a time. Single riders only!
6. Speed slide: Slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back with legs firmly crossed at the ankles and arms folded across the chest.
7. All other slides: Feet first! Riders must slide down in the seated position or laying on their back.
a. No standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping while on the slide.
b. Keep arms and hands inside the flumes at all times.
8. Exit the landing areas promptly after getting to the bottom.
9. Goggles and eyeglasses must be securely affixed to riders with head straps.
10. Swimwear with exposed zippers; buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted.
11. No personal flotation devices, pool noodles, or lifejackets are allowed on the slide.
12. No masks or water shoes allowed on slides.
13. CAUTION: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride this slide.
14. Maximum operational load 300 lbs. (136 kg).
15. Slides will close during periods of inclement weather.
16. Failure to follow the slide rules can lead to serious injury and/or loss of slide privileges.
17. Ride at your own risk.
OBSTACLE COURSE RULES
1. You must be 13 years of age or have passed the deep water test