Where does our Water Come From?
The main source of the pools water comes from the Box Canon where 100 GPM of 150 degree mineral water is gravity fed over a mile to the current day location of the pool. This line was the sole source for hot water at the pool from the 1920’s until the 1980’s when supplemental mineral water from exploratory drilling was discovered and added to the pool water supply. This supplemental water, from a well referred to as OX-2, provided an additional 190 GPM of 117 degree water making winter operation possible for the first time. Today, 250-300 GPM of hot mineral water is continuously entering and exiting the pool in what we refer to as a flow through design. This flow through design allows us to provide fresh, clear, odorless mineral water 24 hours a day seven days a week for your enjoyment!
- Sodium – Water balance, brain function, muscle cramps, anti-aging
- Calcium – Bone health (osteoporosis), arthritis, dental care, insomnia, menopause, cramps, weight loss, high blood pressure
- Magnesium – Maintains normal heart rhythms; converts blood sugar to energy; maintains muscle tissue and hormone levels.
- Potassium – Normalizes heart rhythms; has been shown to reduce muscle cramps, support healthy muscle growth, and moderate stress
- Chloride – Helps keep the amount of fluid inside and outside of cells in balance and helps maintain blood volume
- Sulfate – Acne, arthritis, back/shoulder/neck pain, detoxify the body, anti-inflammatory
- Iron – Haemoglobin formation, body metabolism, muscle activity, anaemia, brain function, immunity, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, regulation of body temperature
- Manganese – Body metabolism, osteoporosis, fatigue, reproduction, inflammation, brain function, epilepsy
- Fluoride – Prevention of tooth and bone decay
- Boron – Bone health, brain function, anti-aging, muscle pain
- Molybdenum – Supports dental health
- Zinc – Skin care, healing of wounds, colds, weight loss, aids in digestion
- Phosphate – Weakness, bone health, brain function, sexual weakness, dental care, body metabolism
- Lithium – Associated with healthy brain function